Governance & Information
The College's governing body is known as the East Sussex College Hastings Corporation.
Its members, who are all volunteers, are drawn from the community, coming from a range of occupations and bringing with them expertise in education, business, local government, and other relevant sectors of work. Some members are appointed directly by the Corporation and some are elected by the staff and students of the College.
The role of the Corporation is in agreeing the strategic direction of the college, setting objectives and monitoring results, and supporting the College to provide a high-quality and effective learning experience for everyone who attends the college. The responsibilities can be summarised as:
- Determining the educational character and mission of the College and overseeing its activities.
- Approving the quality strategy of the institution
- The effective management of resources to ensure the solvency of the College and the safeguarding of its assets.
- Approving annual estimates of income and expenditure.
- Employing senior post-holders, including their appointment, determination of pay and conditions, etc.
- Setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The Corporation meets regularly and has developed a committee structure. A termly report summarises the work of all of the committees for the Corporation and the reports, together with the minutes of Corporation meetings, keep members and college staff informed of Corporation meetings. The Corporation's role is strategic, and members do not involve themselves in the day-to-day management of the college. The Principal has many delegated responsibilities and the extent of this delegation is outlined in the document 'Governance and Delegation of Powers', as are the terms of reference of all of the Corporation's committees.
College Statutory Accounts
Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement - Please download this document here.
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.